Monday 29 August 2011

"HELLS HIGH WALL" Concept/Matte Painting

This is a picture I've had inside my head for years now. I've been hugely inspired by Hieronymus Bosch and Wayne Barlowe, two fantastic artists, for as long as I can remember.

I wanted to create an instantly recognisable vision of the "classical" HELL, and as a result of this I've used multiple photographic sources from my travels for various elements  to keep it grounded in reality (Well, as believable as a place like Hell could be!).

It was originally intended to be a quick concept piece, but it evolved into a sort of hybrid matte painting somewhere along the way and ran off with itself. It is about 50% image manipulation and 50% hand drawn with a mouse (Not recommended!).

Please click on the image below for the FULL RESOLUTION- it's 2000*3600.






No comments:

Post a Comment